Who We Are
The Mission of the West Windsor Historical Society is to collect, capture and preserve all things related to the history of West Windsor and to encourage interest and involvement in the Society and its community activities.
West Windsor originally was the West Parish of Windsor. In 1793, the Vermont Legislature created two “parishes” within Windsor township, and in 1814 made the parishes separate entities each with representation in the Legislature. The following year the two were reunited. The two were again separated in 1848, with West Windsor getting more than half the acreage and about a third of the population. Since that time they have remained two distinct townships.
The West Windsor Historical Society was founded in August 1973 under the vision and guidance of Mrs. Eleanor Sawin Pierce and Mrs. Beatrice Cushman Dana.